Friday, June 22, 2012

With Sympathy in Minty Green

An acquaintance approached me one day asking if I could create a condolence card for her friend. She just lost her mother. I know how it felt, because my mother passed away not long before that. The thing I did first was to determine the main colors that I was going to use for the card. I didn't want something in black or white, so I chose natural tones of brown and minty-green. After that, I thought of the theme, and since my heart was already set up about nature, I chose some cherry blossom reliefs and a bird as the main focus on the card. I dry-embossed a vellum paper and colored the embossed reliefs with pink chalk. I used a clear stamp to make the bird and chose Christina Rossetti's poem called "Remember Me" that I hand-wrote inside the card.There two layers inside of the card were tied together by a string, that came out on the outer of the card. 






No comments:

Post a Comment