Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Altered Calendar Tutorial

As I promised you on my recent post about OLD CALENDAR SCRAPBOOK, I will describe the materials I used and how to make an altered calendar. First of all, because I used a small hanging calendar or if you want to use a desk calendar that is usually small, make sure the size of your photos is adequate. I printed some photos in 4inches x 6inches and the rests are in wallet size. Since the theme of this scrapbook album is Fall, I use a lot of colors that are in Fall gradation: dark and light brown, terra cotta, yellow, and green. I also used maple leaf paper punch to create a stencil when I decorated the paper. I chose the technique called inking to color the pages with arrays of fall-theme ink stamps. Here are the details of materials and the directions on how to create an altered calendar.

MATERIALS:


  • Old calendar (mini or desk calendar)
  • Wallet size photos or any other suitable size
  • Ink stamps (I prefer using distress and archival ink)
  • Make up sponges, each for different ink color
  • Maple leaf paper punch (use the punch-out for decoration and the left-over paper for stencil)
  • Scrap papers
  • Specialty ribbon (with words)
  • Sticker and other types of decorations
  • 3dimentional foam tape
  • White or light color cardstock




 HOW TO CREATE PAGE 1:


  1. With a make up sponge, dab lightly and smoothen out evently the ink stamp unto the calendar page. For the first page of the scrapbook, I used Adirondack earthtones ink in butterscotch color. 
  2. Then using a maple leaf punch-out, cover parts of the inked page and dab the dark ink color to create the leaves imprints.
  3. Color the maple leaf punch-outs with the same ink color ( I used StazOn timber brown) as the one you used to make the leaves imprints. Set aside for decorations.
  4. Adhere the photo unto white cardstock and place it on the page.
  5. Decorate with strips of scrap papers and decorative ribbon.
  6. Then adhere 3D foam tape on some of the maple leaves and place them on the photo, and adhere the rests on the other part of the page.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment