Friday, June 29, 2012

Mini Scrapbook Album: Springtime in Rumi's Words

A long while ago, I posted a picture with words from a poem by Rumi on my other blog. A friend told me that she loves Rumi. From then on, I was curious about this magnificent poet. I bought a book of Rumi's poems and I was engulfed in his words. Then one day I got a terrible news that my friend, the one who loves Rumi, got ill. I was sad and wanted to visit her. Unfortunately, we live thousands of miles apart. Because I couldn't come to see her and give her some flowers to cheer her up, I made this mini scrapbook album instead.

The album was made out of one piece of paper. I will post how to create it later. I used my own photographs for the pages in the album and chose Rumi's poem about Spring for the theme, also picked out some phrases that have similar ambiance. I always loved making this mini scrapbook album. Especially because I get to use the pictures I took of flowers and pair them with beautiful words from my favorite quotes or poems. The pictures that I used were wallet size. Other decorations and accents were some stickers and cut-outs.









4 comments:

  1. Love, liebe, kärlek....

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope springs for you, dearest Rere.Glad you love my present.

      Delete
  2. Waaaaaaaaaa.... loving it!!!! It's so so so beautiful, love Rumi too and again... I am a fan of yours Mbak Di! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mbak Deni. When you can get your hands on the real thing, let me know, ok.

      Delete